Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Travel Week

A brief update for everyone regarding my travel plans for the next week and a half:

Unfortunately, it looks like I will not be going to Perm and the Urals after all...according to my research, there are no connecting trains from Perm to Kazan during this period, and as much as I would love to see the Urals, I don't want to be stranded there for an entire week either.

Instead, after spending three or four days in Kazan and Nizhny Novgorod, I will be taking the train back to Moscow and spending the remainder of my vacation visiting some of the surrounding areas, such as the cities of Yaroslavl, Vladimir, and Suzdal, and possibly the battlefield of Borodino. My friend Hillary and I even managed to find a really cheap hostel not too far from Red Square (seriously, what are the odds?), so I've got a pretty decent alternative, all things considered. It's still a shame that I won't get to see the Perm-36 gulag or the Kungur ice cave, but as they say, shit happens, and you've got to roll with the punches when it does.

Regardless of what else may happen, I promise you that I am going to photograph the living HELL out of Moscow and the other places that I visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment